(re)Imagining Community (Residential)
4 - 16 July 2022
This programme is funded by the European Union and implemented by UWC Cyprus.
After two online short courses, UWC Cyprus delivered a face-to-face summer programme in Kornos, Cyprus.
The course took place in the town of Kornos, where 35 participants came together for two weeks. Participants re-imagined what their communities can look like and be equipped with a toolkit to become young changemakers.
Throughout the course, participants worked together in small groups to develop and designed a social impact project. Working in diverse groups, matched by their interests, they were able to experience the value of collaborative and inclusive teamwork.
During the course, participants had an opportunity to:
- Learn more about and discuss issues like sustainability, diversity and inclusion, and social change
- Build their leadership and changemaker skills - and put them to the test as they develop a social impact proposal
- Join an experiential learning process that centres the participants’ voice and perspectives
- Meet with and make friends with like-minded peers from different cities, towns and countries
- Learn from an international team of facilitators
- Leave feeling more equipped to tackle global issues through local action
Dates: 4 July - 16 July 2022
Location: Kornos, Cyprus
Language of course facilitation: English
- You are born in 2005, 2006 or 2007;
- You have intermediate English proficiency or higher;
- You are fully available from 4 July to 16 July 2022;
𝗥𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗖𝘆𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗼𝘁 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗽𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀:
- You were born in Cyprus or one of your parents was born in Cyprus;
- You are a resident in Cyprus.
Course fee: This course is funded by the European Union. Successful applicants will receive a scholarship to participate in the short course.