(re)Imagining Community: Navigating Change (Online)
3 - 26 February 2022
By the EU Programme for UWC Short Courses in Cyprus
Screenshot from 2021 online short course, “Social Entrepreneurship”
Are you ready to...
- Create an impact in your environment?
- Build your skills as a young leader?
- Make friends across borders?
The course brought together young people who want to understand change at different levels. What types of change do we face in our daily lives, including environmental, social and economic developments? How do we take care of ourselves, and our community, when facing personal and societal change? How can we build communities that are able to adapt and persevere? And what steps can we take to promote positive change in our environment?
Participants worked in groups as well as individually to understand how change is impacting our society and to understand their relationship with a changing society.
During the course, they learned to:
- Practice using a variety of tools for navigating the social and emotional challenges of a changing climate
- Build an inclusive community passionate about creating meaningful individual and collective impact in their local climates
- Gain an interdisciplinary understanding of the larger systems that shape social/economic/climate change
- Develop critical perspectives on current narratives around solving the climate crisis (such as sustainability)
Participants who completed the course successfully are awarded a certificate and attended a virtual closing ceremony.
This course is funded by the European Union and implemented by UWC.
Dates: 3 - 26 February 2022
Commitment: 12 hours a week, including synchronous (live) and asynchronous (self-paced) learning
Course fee: Free of charge. This course is funded by the EU Programme for UWC Short Courses in Cyprus.
Eligibility: Participants should be aged 14 to 17 at the time of the course.
Scholarship availability: High
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Course organiser: Lara Savenije
Learn more in the brochure below!